Sunday, July 12, 2015

Make.Art.Work


I was one of 15 cohorts of the New Haven Make.Art.Work, a six month visual artist career training program run by the accomplished and lovely Ryan Odinak (right), funded by the Tremaine Foundation. A peer support group with monthly meetings on career-building topics like time management, marketing materials, funding and strategic planning, it was a perfect structure for my 2015 goal to streamline my many artistic pursuits into a more focused goal. Amazingly, it resulted in a new puppet website, which was long overdue! (More on that in the next post.) I came out of the program feeling much more positive about wrangling my chaotic arts life.

We concluded with a group show at the Arts Council of Greater New Haven and Koffee, both on Audubon Street in New Haven. I have a few of my puppet-inspired, jigsawed wood pieces up, including this new one.




The show is up until September 4th. Link to the event on the Arts Council site here.



1 comment:

Laura said...

So pleased for you. Congratulations. What a great program. I relate to the need to hone in all skills and knowledge. Great to see your website up. Inspires me to get mine back into gear. X